ENRICHING OUR IMPACT
Volunteers, key staff and community leaders joined together in conversation to develop this strategic plan to ensure we are relevant and impacting our community in ways that matter in nurturing the potential of children, improving health and well-being, and giving back to our community.
OUR IMPACT: We seek to impact life success of all individuals, strengthen family bonds, develop youth, promote healthy living and foster a strong sense of belonging and community connectivity through social responsibility.
OUR PROMISE: The Y is, and always will be, dedicated to building healthy, confident, secure, and connected children, families and communities.
WE WANT TO SEE AN IMPROVEMENT IN YOUTH LIFE SKILLS, AN INCREASE IN FAMILY HEALTH AND PEOPLE GIVING BACK TO THEIR COMMUNITY. THERE ARE CRITICAL SOCIAL ISSUES FACING OUR COMMUNITY. THIS IS HOW WE ARE RESPONDING.
We want to execute a holistic approach to personal growth in our youth programs, to demonstrate improvement in life skills and academic proficiency. We also plan to equip and encourage individuals to pursue sustainable healthy lifestyles, by taking this holistic, whole family approach to total body wellness. Lastly, we plan to engage a network of volunteers, donors and advocates to strengthen the social connectedness needed to ensure diverse communities are supported.
This Strategic Plan booklet summarizes and outline who we are, where we are headed and how we will enrich the impact already being made by the Y within our community.
This is what we have done in 2017 thus far:
1) PROGRAMS: Conducted a Community Needs Assessment with 255 responses and are in the next phase of planning and conducting stake holder meetings to meet these needs
2) MEMBERSHIP: We want all of our members to feel like part of our family, so we established a plan to engage new members and make them feel comfortable. We also analyzed membership categories and fees to determine best method to serve all. Lastly we launched ‘Togetherhood” which is a member-led volunteer group who will select and carry out various service projects in the community.
3) PHILANTHROPY: We have implemented a volunteer recruitment model, began preparing for our Annual Campaign to raise funds for more financial assistance opportunities and we created an Annual Report of our service history for 2016.
4) COMMUNICATION: To strengthen our messaging to the community we have built an annual communication plan, developed a Marketing Committee, and will continue to publicly share all goals and Strategic Plan updates.
5) LEADERSHIP: We are continuing to strengthen our staff leadership to effectively fulfill the Y cause. We have designed a new Staff Orientation, and even had Chickfila lead a hospitality training to all of our staff.
6) ENGAGEMENT: We rostered all volunteer opportunities available at the Y and added to the Volunteer Matters website.
7) FACILITY: We are in the initial phase of evaluating all Y facilities and spaces.