GIVE BACK TO YOUR COMMUNITY
Sign up for our upcoming Volunteer Opportunities:
Healthy Kids Day Sign Up
Youth Triathlon Sign Up
WHEN YOU VOLUNTEER AT THE Y!
When you volunteer at the Y, you take an active role in bringing about meaningful, enduring change right in your own neighborhood. Whether it's once a week or once a year, there are so many ways to give your time, change lives and volunteer at the Y! Volunteers enable the Y to offer affordable programs and services. They provide the caring attention a child needs to develop values like sportsmanship, compassion, and respect for self and others. They encourage positive behavior in teens and support families so they can be successful and strong. The selfless efforts of all volunteers foster healthier, more meaningful lives for people of all ages, backgrounds, abilities and incomes. They inspire a cohesive and viable community, one that's a good place to live and to work. By giving time, volunteers change lives and improve communities.
Volunteers of the Goldsboro Family Y:
- Lead our Boards of Directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors