The Goldsboro Family YMCA staff welcomes you to the Preschool and Child Care Center. We have dedicated ourselves to ensuring the children in our care are provided a safe, supportive, caring environment that provides opportunities for children to learn through socialization, exploration, choice, and creative play. We will strive to keep you well informed. The Preschool Program has a 3-Star Child Care License.
Keeping with the Goldsboro Family YMCA’s mission to the put Judeo-Christian principles into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all, our purpose is to provide a quality, Christian-oriented Preschool experience that is safe, convenient, and creative. The program presents age-appropriate curriculum and activities which will enhance children’s spiritual, social, intellectual, and emotional growth.
Hours of Operation
The center is open from 7:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Children will be admitted for attendance beginning at 7:00 a.m. All children must be picked up by 6:00 p.m. when the center closes. A late fee will be charged for any child not picked up by 6:00 p.m. according to the Time Clock.
To print a copy of the preschool registration packet, please click here.
Request a Tour
A tour will be provided for all families prior to enrollment completion. To request your tour please contact our Director of Early Childhood Education Kristina Foss at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-778-0016 between 7:00 am and 4:00 pm
Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
When arriving at our Goldsboro Family YMCA Child Care Center, you will see a drop and go lane for both pick up and drop off. Preschool parents however, are welcome to accompany their child into the building for drop off. More information on this will be provided during the tour process prior to enrollment completion. All children must be dropped off by 9:00 am unless prior notice has been given to the director for late arrival. Early pickup is allowed, but between 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm no drop off is premitted due to nap times.
Payment and Other Procedures
The Preschool Program weekly fees
- Registration fee: $75
- Infants: $165
- 1 Year Old: $155
- 2 Years Old: $145
- 3-5 Years Old: $135
Breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack for children 1 year and older is included in tuition price. Parents of infants and children who are not on table food must provide formula and/or breastmilk and baby food daily for his/her child. All bottles must be premade and labeled with child’s name and date.
· The Registration Fee for each child is due upon enrollment and is NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE.
· The Tuition Fee is a weekly payment that is due on Wednesday prior to the week of service. Weekly Program fee is due whether a child is in attendance or not. This keeps your child’s space reserved. After one full year of enrollment, the family will be granted one vacation week at no charge.
· Services will be suspended immediately if full payment is not received by 9am Monday morning. All payments must be made before services can resume.
· A late pick up fee of $1.00 per minute after 6:00pm (Preschool/Child Care Center Clock) will be charged. The late fee will be applied to your account. If a parent is not located by 7:00pm, DSS (Department of Social Services) will be contacted.
· Holidays/Vacations- Due to the fact we are closed so few holidays, there will not be a reduction in program fees during the weeks these holidays occur.
· Closings-Preschool & Child Care Center will be closed Good Friday, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Day after Christmas Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day.
· Make all checks payable to the YMCA. There will be a $30.00 charge for all returned checks. If two checks are returned, cash or money order will be required for all future payments.