BE A PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER
Our Y gives staff a huge opportunity to make a difference in the lives of local children, adults and families.
Through our various fitness and wellness programs we create a healthier and happier community. Our youth development programs give kids and teens a chance to learn and grow, while making long lasting friendships. Being a socially responsible organization, we’ve made it our mission to provide services to all regardless of their ability to pay.
Y staff are brimming with enthusiasm and passion because they see the positive impact they’re making. If you’re ready to be a part of something that makes you proud- you’re ready for a career at the Y.
We hire for the following positions on a continual basis. Feel free to submit an application at any time and we will contact you if we find a position that may be good fit for you. Interns are always welcome as well!
- Front Desk Customer Service Representatives
- Wellness Center Staff
- Group Exercise Instructors
- Nursery & Childcare Staff
- Gym & Sports Staff
How to Apply
- Download Employment Application below (for current vacancies only.)
- Complete Application.
- Scan and email completed app to Info@GoldsboroYMCA.org (Please put "Employment" in the subject line) OR bring in and give it to a Y team member at the Front Desk.
- You will receive an email or phone call once reviewed if selected to move on to the interview process. Otherwise, we will keep your application on file to the best of our ability for up to 30 days.
Current Open Opportunities
Lifeguards - Current CPR Certification needed (ongoing)
Group Exercise Instructor - Responsible for promoting fitness and wellness through the YMCA Group Exercise program. He/she must be committed to serving the general population in their pursuit of health and well-being; be able to conduct group exercise classes in the designated format; promote safety and well-being when developing and implementing classes; be able to build positive relationships with members and staff and be a role model for them, exemplifying high standard and values; and manage those functions in accordance with the mission, goals, and policies stated by the YMCA. Full Job Description
Group Exercise Instructor - Various (ongoing)
Preschool Assistant Teacher - Responsible for implementing curriculum within established guidelines. He/She supervises the children, classroom, and all activities; and makes ongoing, systemic observations and evaluations of each child. Must be able to quickly access various locations around the childcare center and playground area. Full Job Description