BE A PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER
Our Y gives staff a huge opportunity to make a difference in the lives of local children, adults and families.
Through our various fitness and wellness programs we create a healthier and happier community. Our youth development programs give kids and teens a chance to learn and grow, while making long lasting friendships. Being a socially responsible organization, we’ve made it our mission to provide services to all regardless of their ability to pay.
Y staff are brimming with enthusiasm and passion because they see the positive impact they’re making. If you’re ready to be a part of something that makes you proud- you’re ready for a career at the Y.
How to Apply
- Download Employment Application below (for current vacancies only.)
- Complete Application.
- Scan and email completed app to Info@GoldsboroYMCA.org (Please put "Employment" in the subject line) OR bring in and give it to a Y team member at the Front Desk.
- You will receive an email or phone call once reviewed if selected to move on to the interview process. Otherwise, we will keep your application on file to the best of our ability for up to 30 days.
Current Open Opportunities
Warm Hearts Coordinator:
Under the direction of the Youth and Family Services Director and consistent with the Christian mission of the YMCA, the Wayne Area Role Models with Hearts Mentor Program Coordinator is responsible for operating the WARM Hearts Mentor Program.
The WARM Hearts Coordinator must have several years experience in program management, have experience working directly with children and families, and possess the ability to work with a broad range of people including youth, volunteers, agency staff, and administrators. The Coordinator must also understand the community served, have excellent oral and written communication skills, have the ability to facilitate effective communication between many organizations, and have creativity in addressing program challenges and determining strategies to overcome them. Some type of formal education is also required as well as fluency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
Walking Sitting Standing Stooping Speaking Hearing Lifting & Carrying (25lbs.) Driving Running
- Operating the WARM Hearts Mentor Program
- Recruit volunteers to serve as mentors, evaluate and determine if they are appropriate to serve as mentors
- Train volunteers and community members who serve as mentors
- Develop necessary approval forms and program guidelines, especially for parents, and ensure the forms are completed
- Prepare monthly reporting forms for mentors and ensure they are current
- Case management; controlling mentor/mentee matches and parents and resolving problems that arise
- Supervision, including monthly contact with mentors, mentees, and parents
- Keep participants’ files current and confidential
- Organize quarterly special events with full participation – i.e. Christmas party, beach trips, cook out, zoo trip
- Plan annual banquet
- Serve as Advisory Council Chairman and hold monthly meetings with WARM Hearts Advisory Council Members
- Promote program awareness in the community
- Prepare monthly newsletters
- Speak to civic, focus, and community groups about WARM Hearts and the YMCA
- Prepare presentations, brochures, pamphlets, information packets, displays, etc.
- Collaborate with 4-H to hold monthly activities for participants in the WARM Hearts program and their siblings, as well as children in foster care.
- Raise funds to support program
- Coordinate WARM Heart’s annual fundraiser, the Father/Daughter Dance, including obtaining donations, advertising, selling tickets, recruiting volunteers, etc.
- Collaborate with community agencies to raise funds through grants and special events
Resumes accepted until July 28. Please submit resumes to Kriquette.firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Fitness Equipment Technician: The Goldsboro Family YMCA is looking for a highly motivated and energetic individual to be part of our team as a Fitness Equipment Technician. Fitness equipment experience is preferred; mechanical/technical experience is required. The duties are to provide technical support in the form of troubleshooting, installation, diagnostics, adjustment, repair, modification, assembly and calibration of equipment as well as performing electrical, mechanical, software troubleshooting and maintenance. $12/hour. Please apply here.
Lifeguards - Current CPR Certification needed (ongoing)
Personal Trainer - Current Personal Trainer Certification (or advanced certification needed) (ongoing)