Make a Splash
Whether you are just learning how to swim, improving strokes, or playing in the pool with family and friends, you are in safe hands with our certified lifeguards and swimming instructors.
Here at the Y, we offer recreational, competitive and specialty aquatics programs to meet the needs of swimmers in the community.
- Adult and Child Swim Lessons
- Therapy Programs
- Water Fitness Classes
- Lifeguard Certification
- Competitive Swim Team
- Pool Parties
The aquatics programs of the Y are about more than just the techniques and skills; they are about building friendships, developing self-esteem and creating positive experiences that will last a lifetime!
- Mon-Fri: 5:15am-8:00pm
- Saturday 7:15am-5:30pm
- Sunday 1:15pm-5:30pm
Raymond A. Bryan Olympic Pool
- L-Shaped 50 meter indoor pool ranging from 4 to 12 feet deep
- Used for water fitness classes, swim lessons, lap swimming, and competitive swimming
- September through March this pool is divided by a bulkhead, allowing for 16 lanes of a 25-yard length
- April though August the bulkhead is removed, allowing for 5-8 lanes of 50-meter length
- The temperature of the water in this pool will range between 79-82 degrees
- This 25-yard indoor pool ranges from 3 to 4 feet deep
- Used for water therapy, swim lessons and water fitness classes
- The temperature in this pool ranges from 89 to 92 degrees
- Adults only (18 and older) are allowed in the therapy pool between 10:00 am and 12:00 pm Monday through Friday
OPEN WATER SCUBA COURSE STRUCTURE
Course Duration: 15 to 20 hours
Student Prerequisites: Ages 10 to 17 must have written parental consent. All students must pass a swim test of 300 yards, any style.
Course Cost: $400, to include Y pool during class, e-learning, equipment rental, air fills and dive instructor.
Additional Costs: Quarry dives is $20 for 2 dives. Students to rent dive suits from center for quarry dives.
Upon course completion there will be a minimum cost of $35 for certification.
Equipment Requirements: Mask, fins and snorkel
Additional information: All students must pass an online course, once fees are paid a key course will be issued.
S.D.I Liability Release and Express Assumption of Risk Form. S.D.I Medical Statement Form
Contact: Peter Litchfield by phone (919)288-9022 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
All levels of courses available!
Lifeguard Certification Classes
Private, semi-private and group swim lessons are offered throughout the year with qualified swim instructors. To register for swim lessons please print and return a completed to the front desk, download here: Registration Form. Upon registration you will be added to a waiting list and, when an instructor is available, a member of staff will call you to help complete the registration process. Please allow up to 5 business days for an email confirmation.
For information on how to schedule a pool party please click here.
Pool Schedule "Jump Right In"
Known Pool Closures for Events
Please be advised
Both our Olympic Pool and Therapy pool will be closed the following dates due to swim meets:
September 18 all day
Nov 19 starting at 1:00 pm through Nov 21
Dec 17 starting at 1:00 through Dec 19
Feb 11 starting at 1:00 pm through Feb 13
The Olympic Pool deep end will be closed on the following dates/times for high school meets:
Nov 13 9:30 am-1 pm
Nov 16 3:30-7:00 PM
Nov 18 3:30-7:00 pm
Dec 1 3:30-7:00 pm
Dec 7 3:30-7:00 pm
Dec 9 3:30-7:00 pm
Jan 13 3:30-7:00 pm
Jan 4 3:30-7:00 pm
Jan 22 3:30-7:00 pm
Jan 26 3:30-8:00 pm
Members only. Please see front desk to register.
Group Swim Lessons