Make a Splash
Whether you are just learning how to swim, improving strokes, or playing in the pool with family and friends, you are in safe hands with our certified lifeguards and swimming instructors.
Here at the Y, we offer recreational, competitive and specialty aquatics programs to meet the needs of swimmers in the community.
- Adult and Child Swim Lessons
- Therapy Programs
- Water Fitness Classes
- Lifeguard Certification/Recertification
- Lifeguard Instructor Certification/Recertification
- Competitive Swim Team
- Pool Parties
The aquatics programs of the Y are about more than just the techniques and skills; they are about building friendships, developing self-esteem and creating positive experiences that will last a lifetime!
- Mon-Fri: 5:15am-8:00pm
- Saturday 7:15am-5:30pm
- Sunday 1:15pm-5:30pm
Raymond A. Bryan Olympic Pool
- L-Shaped 50 meter indoor pool ranging from 4 to 12 feet deep
- Used for water fitness classes, swim lessons, lap swimming, and competitive swimming
- September through March this pool is divided by a bulkhead, allowing for 16 lanes of a 25-yard length
- April though August the bulkhead is removed, allowing for 5-8 lanes of 50-meter length
- The temperature of the water in this pool will range between 76-80 degrees
- This 25-yard indoor pool ranges from 3 to 4 feet deep
- Used for water therapy, swim lessons and water fitness classes
- The temperature in this pool ranges from 88 and 90 degrees, per the health department, this pool temperature will never exceed 90 degrees.
- Adults only (18 and older) are allowed in the therapy pool between 10:00 am and 12:00 pm Monday through Friday, due to Goldsboro Physical Therapy reservation.
OPEN WATER SCUBA COURSE STRUCTURE
Course Duration: 15 to 20 hours
Student Prerequisites: Ages 10 to 17 must have written parental consent. All students must pass a swim test of 300 yards, any style.
Course Cost: $400, to include Y pool during class, e-learning, equipment rental, air fills and dive instructor.
Additional Costs: Quarry dives is $20 for 2 dives. Students to rent dive suits from center for quarry dives.
Upon course completion there will be a minimum cost of $35 for certification.
Equipment Requirements: Mask, fins and snorkel
Additional information: All students must pass an online course, once fees are paid a key course will be issued.
S.D.I Liability Release and Express Assumption of Risk Form. S.D.I Medical Statement Form
Contact: Peter Litchfield by phone (919)288-9022 or email at email@example.com
All levels of courses available!
Lifeguard Certification Classes
To be added to the next Lifeguard Certification class, recertification class, or Lifeguard instructor class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Private, semi-private and group swim lessons are offered throughout the year with qualified swim instructors. To register for swim lessons please print and return a completed version of the form below to the front desk. Form can be found here. Upon registration you will be added to a waiting list and, when an instructor is available, a member of staff will call you to help complete the registration process. Please allow up to 5 business days for an email confirmation.
GOLD Sharks Swim Team
Becoming a member of the YMCA Swim Team means fun, fitness and teamwork. The YMCA swim team is a developmental swim program run by trained coaches to improve swimmers' competitive skills and endurance through progression rather than intense competition. The YMCA swim team promotes healthy lifestyles while embracing the five core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and equity.
Our trained coaches work to improve swimmers' skill level, endurance, and to promote a healthy lifestyle. Our program embraces the YMCA's core values and promotes progression at an individual level.
For more information, please contact our GOLD coaching staff at email@example.com."
For information on how to schedule a pool party please click here.
Pool Schedule "Jump Right In"
Members only. Please see front desk to register.