CONFIDENCE IN THE WATER
Whether you are just learning how to swim, improving strokes, or playing in the pool with family and friends, you are in safe hands with our certified lifeguards and swimming instructors.
Here at the Y, we offer recreational, competitive and specialty aquatics programs to meet the needs of swimmers in the community.
- Adult and Child Swim Lessons
- Therapy Programs
- Water Fitness Classes
- Lifeguard Certification
- Competitive Swim Team
The aquatics programs of the Y are about more than just the techniques and skills; they are about building friendships, developing self-esteem and creating positive experiences that will last a lifetime!
- Mon-Fri: 5:15am-8:00pm
- Saturday 7:15am-5:30pm
- Sunday 1:15pm-5:30pm
Raymond A. Bryan Olympic Pool
- L-Shaped 50 meter indoor pool ranging from 4 to 12 feet deep
- Used for water fitness classes, swim lessons, lap swimming, and competitive swimming
- September through March this pool is divided by a bulkhead, allowing for 16 lanes of a 25-yard length
- April though August the bulkhead is removed, allowing for 5-8 lanes of 50-meter length
- The temperature of the water in this pool will range between 79-82 degrees
Lap swimming rules
- This 25-yard indoor pool ranges from 3 to 5 feet deep
- Used for water therapy, swim lessons and water fitness classes
- The temperature in this pool ranges from 89 to 92 degrees
For more information on Diving Lessons at the Goldsboro Family YMCA please contact Peter Litchfield, Diving Instructor, at (919-288-9022 or by email at email@example.com
Cost is $400 for members and $450 for non-members.
Lifeguard Certification Classes
Private, semi-private and group swim lessons are offered throughout the year with qualified swim instructors. To register for swim lessons please print and return a completed Registration Form to the front desk. Upon registration you will be added to a waiting list and, when an instructor is available, a member of staff will call you to help complete the registration process. Please allow up to 5 business days for an email confirmation.
For information on how to schedule a pool party please click here.