HELP SAVE LIVES!
The Goldsboro Family YMCA will be hosting a blended Lifeguard Certification courses through June and July. You will complete 7 hours online prior to the course dates, then will complete the remainder number of hours on the selected dates. You will be required to pay the full amount at registration. Cost for this class is priced at $250 for Non members and $200 for Members. The Goldsboro YMCA is currently hiring lifeguards and we hope you have an interest to join our team!
• 15 Years of age on or before the final day of the course
• 300 Yard swim using Freestyle or Breast Stroke with Rhythmic Breathing
• Must be free from physical and mental impairments that would limit them from accomplishing specific tasks. Tasks include visual acuity, various audio ranges, and the ability to lift, unaided, 50 pounds.
• 100% attendance is mandatory (NON-NEGOTIABLE). Each class will consist of classroom and pool activities.
• 10lb brick retrieval from deep water in less than 1 minute, 40 seconds
• Swim on back for 20 yards holding brick without hands
• Set brick on side of pool and exit pool without use of a ladder.
• Tread water for 2 minutes using only legs.
Cost is $200 for members and $250 for nonmembers
Thursday, September 19 6-7pm (for Pretest)
Saturday, September 21 7am-1pm
Saturday, September 28 7am-1pm
Sunday, September 29 8am-6pm
Please stop by the YMCA to register for this course. In order to become registered onto the official roster, you must pay in full. This course is a first come, first serve registration. Please ask the front desk to register for either the June or July Lifeguard Certification Course.