HELP SAVE LIVES!
The Goldsboro Family YMCA will be hosting a 4 day Lifeguard Certification courses through January (Please note that this course will take place over two weeks) .You will be required to pay a deposit of $50 in order to register for the course. The remainder of the course cost payment will be made AFTER successful completion of the Day 1 Prerequisites. Cost for this class is priced at $250 for Non members and $200 for Members. The Goldsboro YMCA is currently hiring lifeguards and we hope you have an interest to join our team!
- 15 Years of age on or before the final day of the course
- 300 Yard swim using Freestyle or Breast Stroke with Rhythmic Breathing
- Must be free from physical and mental impairments that would limit them from accomplishing specific tasks. Tasks include visual acuity, various audio ranges, and the ability to lift, unaided, 50 pounds.
- 100% attendance is mandatory (NON-NEGOTIABLE). Each class will consist of classroom and pool activities.
- 10 lb brick retrieval from deep water in less than 1 minute, 40 seconds
- Swim on back for 20 yards holding brick without hands
- Set brick on side of pool and exit pool without use of a ladder.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only legs.
Cost is $200 for members and $250 for nonmembers ($50 registration deposit is included in the cost of the course)
Thursday, January 3, 5pm-9pm
Sunday, January 6, 8am-1pm
Saturday, January 12, 8am-4pm
Sunday, January 13 8am-4pm
Please stop by the YMCA to register for this course. In order to become registered onto the official roster, you will be required to pay $50 which will be applied towards the total cost of the course. This course is a first come, first serve registration. Please ask the front desk to register for either the “January Lifeguard Certification Course”. Full payment of the course must be made after the Day 1 pre test completion and prior to the start of Day 2.
The Y strives to train the best lifeguards around in an effort to hire directly from our courses. We are dedicated to providing the best staff to ensure the safety of our members and guests while in the pool. If you would like to apply to become a lifeguard, please view our current openings or email our Aquatics and Sports Director, Donavann.